8.21.2010

Custom items

A friend of mine asked me to create a charm for her based on her daughters school colors and mascot. It had to have a lion and be maroon and gold. I found a cute little lion and centered it on the maroon paper. Then I used a star punch to make some gold stars and glued them on. Next came the all important glitter and swavroski bling to add a bejeweled touch.
She also asked me to make her a butterfly charm on red. I have two in my shop currently, on turquoise and purple, but red is her favorite color. The butterfly looks really nice on the red.

In addition to making more charms, I made my first necklace with letter stamped tags. It is for my God-daughter who had he sweet 16 this past week. I still haven't got to see her to give it to her, but I think she will love it. The stamping was actually easier than I thought. I still didn't get it perfect, but I expected more of a disaster and frustration. Not so, whatsoever. I am quite happy with the results.

It is a busy birthday week!!! I also made three charms for parties for today. We had a birthday lunch for my friend, Jill, and it was also her mom, Janet's, birthday. I made them both charms using print-outs of photographs that Jill took. She is a very talented photographer! It is also Rachel's birthday today and I made her a charm with her boyfriend, Shea's, photograph in it. I am excited to see what she thinks of it. In addition to the birthday charms, I made a dichroic fused glass pendant and a HOPE cancer awareness charm that I am putting in my shop tonight. 10% of the proceeds for all the items in Tricky Fox shop are donated to American Cancer Society.

1 comment: